Although most of my work is digital, it all starts with a sharp pencil and paper. I rough out a sketch to send to clients and get their feedback. Once approved I create the work in Adobe Illustrator (my favorite software). In a future post I might show how I work in illustrator but for now I just thought I’d show an example of a rough sketch and the final color. This illustration was for one of my favorite clients, American Girl. They didn’t have any changes to the rough sketch. You can click the images to view a bit larger.
- Follow KW illustrates on WordPress.com
- 5 innovative ways art is becoming more accessible to the blind community mashable.com/2016/12/29/art… via @mashable 1 week ago
- Illustrated a fun series of illustrations for Metro Stars Gymnastics. #illustration #kidlitart #ChildrensBooks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @HallWaysKirsten @catbirdagency Love this! 3 weeks ago
- RT @cillustrators: Cute! Baby #illustration by Karen Wolcott ow.ly/jjyJ30kg1gJ #kidlitart https://t.co/igpN2uQES5 1 month ago
- RT @cillustrators: Mermaids and Dolphin #illustration by Karen Wolcott ow.ly/B3Wv30jMkPk #kidlitart https://t.co/O41uKz9WDg 1 month ago