Although most of my work is digital, it all starts with a sharp pencil and paper. I rough out a sketch to send to clients and get their feedback. Once approved I create the work in Adobe Illustrator (my favorite software). In a future post I might show how I work in illustrator but for now I just thought I’d show an example of a rough sketch and the final color. This illustration was for one of my favorite clients, American Girl. They didn’t have any changes to the rough sketch. You can click the images to view a bit larger.
- Follow KW illustrates on WordPress.com
- I had such a wonderful time viewing art in Lincoln, Nebraska on Saturday. First we went to Lux… instagram.com/p/Bgjxd9ul98V/ 1 day ago
- Such an intimate, soul lifting show Thursday night with Shovels and Rope. Come back soon,… instagram.com/p/BgeLZrElCod/ 3 days ago
- Creating new patterns. I’m ready for spring. #licensingartist #surfacedesigner #boltfabric… instagram.com/p/BgW4woMFWDU/ 6 days ago
- RT @cillustrators: Curly girl! #illustration by Karen Wolcott ow.ly/VPWf30ivhq6 #kidlitart https://t.co/LTTOufadvt 1 week ago
- Hurry up, Spring! #nebraska #snow #omaha #whereisspring #spring #ihatewind #toocold… instagram.com/p/Bf_sbWqny7s/ 2 weeks ago